Career Opportunities at River View Christian Academy
Now hiring for:
YOUTH LEADERSHIP ADVISOR
Our Christian boarding school is looking for Youth Leadership Advisors (YLA) to provide teens from all different life experiences with supervision and support in the areas of education, interpersonal communication, spiritual growth, life-skills development and family relationships based on Biblical principles.
YLA’s are responsible for building positive relationships with students. They give students an understanding of God’s loving character and provide them with the hope, direction and skills needed to become healthy adults. Similar to a public school setting, YLA’s need to be prepared to work with students in a variety of issues. YLA’s also provide support to students in the classroom.
Job Duties Include:
* Supervision of students
* Maintain students’ schedule
* Take students to appointments off campus
* Redirection of students
* Tutor students in academic and Christian courses
* Grade homework assignments
* Facilitate and participate in physical education sessions
* Coordinate extra-curricular activities and field trips
* Supervise students in animal care and agricultural studies
* YLA’s must be spiritually mature and have a heart for working with teens. This is vital as staff are responsible for providing the love and support students need, while maintaining the mentorship and accountability required.
* The ideal candidate will be teachable, able to perform well under pressure and be a team player.
* Prior experience is not a requirement. On the job training is provided.
* A love of animals is also a benefit as we have many on campus, including: dogs, goats, mini donkeys, chickens, and more!
If you are a Christian, who has maturity, common sense and a passion for teens, we can give you the training to be a successful employee in a rewarding and fulfilling mission. Positions are available for both singles and couples. Room and Board considerations are available.
Email resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.